Rural youth successful in Fisheries venture
|Name of KVK||:||Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Raigad|
|Crop & variety||:||Ornamental fish breeding and rearing production
Ornamental plants rearing
Layer poultry farming
|Farmers Name & Address||:||Shri. Dinesh Ganpat Lad
At. Tambadi (Khurd),
Tal. Roha, Dist. Raigad.
|Background Information||:||Mr. Dinesh Ganpat Lad having 2 ha of land holding He is an ornamental fish breeder and ornamental plant rearer. Presently engaged in live bearer fish breeding exclusively Guppy.Also breeds Siclides Like Fighter andGourami.Having Small unit for Rearing the fish of 25 X 15 Feet area in which Two Cement Cistern Tanks having Three section in each.
Initially cultivation of Paddy was the only farming activity, later started edible fish farming in the earthen pond (0.12ha) situated at the centre of the farm ayout. Poultry was reared by local techniques(110 X 30 feet). But due to Disease problem and low pricefor Poultry birds and mismanagement he Stopped it. Further, Under the guidance of Krishi Vigyan Kendra Roha, Raigad he started again improved poultry with Giraraja, KavaeriandSuvarnadhara breeds.
|Technology Demonstrated||:||1. Ornamental Fish Rearing and Breeding.
2. Ornamental Plants Propagation and Rearing.
3. Rearing of improved pultry breeds
Intervention through Training, Diagnostic Visits and Phone Calls.
|Success Point||:||He adhered to the advises of Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Killa-Roha, Raigad and constantly attended the trainings, workshops and Farmers rally organized by the Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Killa-Roha, Raigad.
|Outcome||:||· He produces following ornamental fishes per annum
1. Guppy : 10000 no.s
2. Sourdtail : 24000 no.s
3. Angels : 200 no.s
4. Aquarium plants 75 bunches.
5. Aquarium Snail : 40 bags.
· This ornamental fish rearing and breeding and plant propagation activity created diversification of conventional paddy cultivation to good income generation and self employment activity.
· Adoption of this ornamental fish farming activity at earliest markedthis farmer in Innovators category which good extension outreach in the community.
|Practice used||Total cost of cultivation (Rs.)||Gross income
|Cost benefit ratio|
|1.Ornamental Fish Rearing and Breeding
2.Ornamental Plants Propagation and Rearing.
|Layer poultry farming(Av. Batch 200 birds reared for one year)